Dillard Drive Magnet PTA
DDMES PTA January 26th, 2023 Virtual Member Meeting
Thank you to all who could attend our Virtual DDMES PTA Meeting on January 26th, 2023. Lots of information was shared, and for those unable to join us, don't worry; we recorded it! Please view the full meeting here.
RECORDED DDMES PTA VIRTUAL MEETING JANUARY 26th, 2023
Meeting Links and Minutes
What is the DDMES PTA:
The organization is composed of Parents, Guardians, Teachers, Community Partners, and DDMES Staff.
Fully based on Volunteered Time.
We support our students and teachers through fundraising and school projects.
Through our fundraising efforts, we provide new and improved technology, media center resources, teachers' supplies, school campus improvements, and much more…
Our fundraisers and donations have had great success these past few months. Comparing last year and this year, we have improved, and it keeps growing. The book fair was also a great addition since it was put on hold the past few years due to Covid.
Currently, we are using the funds toward:
- Teacher Fund (this year, it is $50, but next year we want to increase it to $75)
- Appreciation days to say "thank you" to all who make a difference in our children's lives
- Help pay for upcoming field trips for those families in need.
- We are also working with the admin team on getting all the old technology out of the school.
How the PTA Communicates to DDMES Families
- PTA Website www.ddmespta.com
- Social Media - @ddmespta Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Talking Points - we communicate school wide with fundraisers, events, Spirit Night, spirit gear and more throughout the year. We do not have control of "unsubscribing, or adding or removing from a class.
DRAGONFLY DASH - March 17th, 2023 at Dillard Drive Magnet Middle School
Start Fundraising Today: https://ddmespta.memberhub.gives/dragonflydash2023/Campaign/Details
How to Fundraise with the MemberHub Online System Video
New School Shirts On Sale 1/26 through 2/18
The images displayed for purchase will not reflect the actual placement of the logos. Varied screen sizes will be used to ensure the best fit based on product size.
* Stay tuned for details from the PTA on merchandise dissemination once the items are delivered. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the items to arrive once the sale has completed.
***Sizes are listed under dropdown menu of shirt selected, some sizes and colors may be limited.
DDMES Spirit Nights
March 2nd - Papa Johns
April 26th - McDonalds 11-7pm
May 19th - Flavors Ice Cream 3-9pm
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
April RAFFLE - if you have items or connections to items please contact our Fundraising Chair Holly Mason
Increase the Teacher Classroom Fund Grant to $75 for next year
Call for 2023-2024 Board Nominations
Open Board Position 2023-2024 | DDMES PTA Treasurer - Nomination submitted
DDMES PTA BOARD MEMBER ELECT 2023-2024 Positions
Secretary - Nomination submitted
DDMES School News from Principal Dr. Sykes
Assistant Principal Interview Process and Feedback:
Please submit feedback via the survey by EOD Jan. 30th.
Lunch with Students
Beginning mid-March (Spring)
More details to come